|FORAM-Events||SOCIETIES and FOUNDATIONS||JOURNALS||FORAM-Glossaries||WWW on Foraminifera||FORAM-Collections||MICROPALAEONTOLOGICAL TECHNIQUES|
VIRTUAL COLLECTIONS OF FORAMINIFERA
- Report on the Foraminifera dredged by H.M.S. Challenger during the Years 1873-1876 by Henry B. Brady illustrated with 115 plates and 22 woodcuts.
- Chronos Portal - Resources - Foraminiferal Databases:
- Mesozoic Planktonic Foraminifera Taxonomic Dictionary, Huber, B.T., Coordinator, 2006
- Paleocene Planktonic Foraminiferal Taxonomic Database - An HTML document that provides online access to text, figures and images that were published in the Atlas of Paleocene Planktonic Foraminifera (R.K. Olsson, C. Hemleben, W.A. Berggren, B.T. Huber, editors, 1999, Smithsonian Contributions to Paleobiology, No. 85).
- Eocene Planktonic Foraminiferal Taxonomic Database - The Eocene Planktonic Foraminiferal Taxonomic Database provides customizable search capability in a relational database format for Eocene planktonic foraminifera. It primarily consists of images and text from the Atlas of Eocene Planktonic Foraminifera (P.N. Pearson, R.K. Olsson, B.T. Huber, C. Hemleben, W.A. Berggren, editors, 2006, Cushman Foundation Special Publication No. 41), which was prepared between 1997 and 2006 by members of the Eocene Planktonic Foraminiferal Working Group, who provided taxonomic and biostratigraphic information for 168 species that are considered as senior synonyms.
- Foraminifera Guide by Dr. Marius Dan Georgescu. An HTML-based illustrated guide to the taxonomy, descriptive morphology, and biostratigraphy of Cretaceous planktonic foraminifera.
- ATLAS OF BENTHIC FORAMINIFERA Laboratory of Recent and Fossil Bio-Indicators, Angers, France and others; see the MAP
- foramBARCODING Molecular Database of Foraminifera - The foramBarcoding project coordinated by Jan Pawlowski and Maria Holzmann from Department of Genetics and Evolution, University of Geneva.
- Foraminifera Gallery Database with 3700+ images searchable on different criteria on taxonomy, locality and geological time run by the Foraminifera.eu Project, Michael Hesemann and collaborators
- FORAMINIFERS AS BIOINDICATORS: KEY SUBTROPICAL WESTERN ATLANTIC AND CARIBBEAN TAXA by Heidi L. Crevison and Pamela Hallock
- Visual Database of Planktonic foraminifera, Global Oceanographic Data Center, JAMSTEC
- e-Foram Stock - a new experimental website for the delivery of e-Specimen over computer networks, and is the new specimen reference system, making use of three-dimensional virtual models developed by Tohoku University Museum.
- Dynamic List of Neogene Benthic Foraminifera Species by Laurel S. Collins: http://porites.geology.uiowa.edu/database/bforam/foram_speclist.htm
- Biostrat Gallery of Australian Foraminifera by D. Haig & R. Howe, The University of Western Australia: http://biostrat.segs.uwa.edu.au/content/catalogues/index.htm
- Underwater Field Guide to Ross Island & McMurdo Sound, Antarctica, PROTOCTISTA foraminiferans, amoeba, algae, diatoms by Peter Brueggeman
- GALLERY of Recent Foraminifera collected in Kongsfjorden, Isfjorden and Adventfjorden during the cruise of r/v « Oceania » between 22 July and 2 August 2004 (by Jan Pawlowski)
- STAR*SAND: The micro*scope foraminifera site - "This collection encompasses both modern and fossil foraminifera (and other Granuloreticulosea)."
- Arctic foraminifera by the Byrd Polar Research Center: ca 50 SEM images for 18 common Arctic species
- BENTHIC ROTALIINAN FORAMINIFERANS OF THE CENTRAL SOUTH OF CHILE (36ºS - 44ºS) by Figueroa et al. (2005)
- EMIDAS - The Electronic MIcrofossil Image Database System offers access to digital images of several microfossil groups such as coccolithophores and planktic foraminifera.
- Movin'Fossil 3D Library - X-ray computed tomography of foraminifera and other fossils